Friday, January 16, 2015

# 59: The Case for Christ


You should stay LDS so you can more completely follow and worship the one true God, Jesus Christ.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is a Christian Church.  I view Joseph Smith as an imaginative Protestant minister with a lot of neat ideas.  Regardless of the Book of Mormon's historicity, it does its job of bringing people to Jesus Christ, just as the fictional parables that Jesus made up impart correct principles.

One thing that I've seen first hand with people who lose their testimony of the LDS Church is that they lose faith in Christ altogether.  It's very sad.

Thankfully, throughout my faith crisis, I've been able to maintain my faith in Christ.  How?  Well, I've read books by C.S. Lewis, "The Hiding Place" by Corrie ten Boom, various articles in Guideposts magazine, and I've learned about the Shroud of Turin.  I've also read the New Testament and pondered it carefully.

I also recently found a video that is very convincing, and it helps me maintain my faith in Christ.

It's a presentation called "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel.  Mr. Strobel used to be an atheist, (with a law and a journalism degree, by the way) but he investigated Christianity and he ended up converting.  I think he makes a convincing argument.

Here's the presentation:



If you're struggling with your testimony of the divinity of Jesus Christ, please take the time to watch this presentation.  If you know anybody who is doubting the Bible or the claims of Christianity, please send this video to them.  Remember, spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ is one of the most important things you can do in your life.  You really can change people's lives for the better.  You really can aid in the salvation of your spirit brothers and sisters.  Be a missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment