Monday, February 24, 2014

# 29: Free Food at the Bishop's Storehouse


If you stay LDS, even though you no longer believe some or most of what the Church teaches, you'll have access to free food at the Bishop's Storehouse.  What's the Bishop's Storehouse?  It's a like a grocery store, but everything there is free.

Can anyone go there?  No.  To go there, you have to be poor, and then you have to talk to your Bishop, and then he might give you a permission slip to go there.  I think that's how it works.

Why can't anybody walk in and take all they want?  Uh... because there wouldn't be much food left if they advertised that there was free food for everybody.  I have no insider information, but from what I can tell, the Church is doing a good job at running this charitable system of bishop's storehouses.

And I think the Church does not only give free food to members of the Church.  They give free food to non-members too.  So I suppose you could leave the Church and then meet with a Bishop just to ask for free food someday.  But I would feel better about receiving help from the Church if I had been paying into the system through tithing and fast offerings.  I would feel better receiving help from Zion if I weren't ignoring Zion or trying to tear Zion down.

The LDS Church helps a lot of needy people.  One day you might be a needy person yourself, and you might approach charitable organizations to help you.  If that day ever comes, you can go to the Church, and they'll probably give you free food.  Yes, the Church just gives away free food to lots of people.  Why?  Because they have Christlike love for people, that's why.  Generally speaking, Mormons want to feed the hungry.

Who was it that said, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me" and, "For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink"?  That was our Savior, Jesus Christ, in the twenty-fifth chapter of the Gospel According to Saint Matthew.

No comments:

Post a Comment