Monday, February 19, 2018

# 68: I'm STILL Still Around






I just realized it's been a year since I've written on this blog.  My my, time flies, doesn't it?  So hello again!

When I first had my faith crisis in 2012, I spent hours and hours and hours every week online, researching forbidden church topics and chatting with people on the disaffected Mormon underground.  But now I don't.  These days, I spend basically no time at all online dealing with thorny church issues.

If we're serious about staying LDS (even though we don't believe in the Church anymore) then it's a good idea to just back away from the computer, back away from the phone, stop going to Mormon Stories, stop going to Mormon Think, stop going to Feminist Mormon Housewives, stop listening to podcasts, and etc.  Some of the those websites just radicalize you and infuriate you.  They have their time and their place, but maybe that time is not now, and maybe that place is not here.

So, some of you may be wondering what I've been up to for the past year.  Well... I'm still active.  I still live in the same house, work at the same job, and have the same wife and kids.  Except now I have a new son, which is great.  He was born last September.  That brings my kid total up to four.

I still attend church every Sunday.  I sit in the pew and sing the songs.  I home teach.  I pay tithing.  I teach a Primary class.  I don't attend the temple much, even though there's one close by, but I have a temple recommend.  I baptized my daughter last September and I blessed my newborn son in January.

Do you want to know anything else about my life?  I'd like to know about your life!  Tell me about your life in the comments below!

Oh yeah, there's another big update in my life.  I want more money.  I'm not poor... but... well... I'm kinda poor, honestly.  Multiplying and replenishing the earth isn't free, you know.

I know there's some of you out there with a lot of money.  Maybe you have even more money now because you don't have that expensive tithing bill to pay.  LOL.  No, but seriously, if what I've written on this blog has helped you, or if you're just feeling generous, then consider making a donation.  Any amount, however small, helps.  And if you donate, that will encourage me to write on this blog more regularly.

So, I set up a PayPal thing... (or I will in the next few days, when I figure out how to do it) so you can give me money.  Just click on it and send me any amount of money you're comfortable with.  I promise I'll be just as transparent about what I do with the money as the Church is.

Seriously, your donation will help me pay my bills, feed and house my kids, etc.  Again, I don't want to sound desperate.  I'm not desperate.  Just recently I've been thinking though that's there's nothing wrong with asking for a few dollars in exchange for all the work I've put into this blog.

Also, I put up ads.  I hope you don't mind.  Just ignore them.

Thank you so much.

Also, one commenter asked if I have an email address, and... yes I do!  It's misterfake371-at-gmail.com.  So if you want to discuss things privately, email me and I'll email you back.  It might take me a long time to reply, though.

OK I think that's everything.  See you later!

1 comment:

  1. Hello mr fake I saw and commented on your recent change to Catholicism at the nom website. I am happy for you. I have been going through my faith crisis for 5 years now, trying to find good reasons to stay lds but it's not working. I attended the catholic church with my wife when BBC we were first married about 40 years ago. She grew up catholic. She also says if I leave the lds church she will divorce me !!! She loves it and does not listen to any of the falsehoods of the church. Please comment here if you would email is still to dangerous . Thanks hope to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete